Are you going to start Java development on your computer? Are you thinking from where to start off? So here we were for your help. You just have to follow some simple steps and you are ready to go.
First off all you need to have a JDK(Java Development Kit) setup downloaded(Download from here) for your computer. Then follow the installation process to finish off the installation of JDK and JRE on your system.
Then after installation comes the most important part of setting up the environment variables for the java.
- Open cmd, write javac in it and press enter. Nothing comes up.
- Go to My Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings>Environment variables.
- Check if PATH exists in User variables, if not add new, else edit the existing one.
- Variable Name: PATH , Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_20\bin (bin folder of your JDK installation folder).
- Check if JAVA_HOME exists in User variables, if not add new, else edit the existing one.
- Variable Name: JAVA_HOME, Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_20 ( installation folder of your JDK installation).
- Open cmd, write javac in it and press enter. This time it should print java compiler details.
This much only, and you are ready to write java programs. You can write it in notepad and compile it using java compiler through command line. You can also use IDEs like Eclipse, NetBeans etc for this. For a detailed information about installation process and environment variable settings, please see the following video.
So with this you can start writing java code and start you learning. We will bring up more tutorials on Java. Keep on visiting our blog.